Wednesday, February 1, 2012

I finished my sonnet about my experience doing my Senior Service project last night. The initial apprehension, the truth, and the outcome of my true experience. This was an interesting assignment, since I've never written a sonnet before. I love how it brings out a creative side in all of us, as we saw yesterday with some of the other students, that no other assignments could. It did take longer than I expected, I tried to follow scansion and such and it took me roughly over two hours, but I enjoyed it.

2 comments:

  1. What made it so difficult? Can you give some specifics about what you learned in regard to the complexity of writing a sonnet, and about what you learned in regard to your own thinking process?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well in a way, writing a sonnet, or something that truly comes from your deepest expression is extremely difficult to write. This was the first sort of community service I truly loved and enjoyed and there wasn't exactly words on how to express my experience. Furthermore writing the sonnet did help me focus my thoughts and feelings and I'm looking forward to doing another one!

    ReplyDelete