Thursday, February 2, 2012

Act 1 of A Midsummer Night's Dream is definitely leaving me with a draught of suspense. I'm curious to see how Helena develops further in the play and if she does truly snitch on Hermia and Lysander when they do go into the woods. Moreover, the several men performing the play about Pyramus and Thisbe give me a sense of foreshadowing. I've learned of this story in Greek mythology before, and I did find it somewhat saddening how desperate uncertainty can drive what someone does. I also kind of want to punch Bottom, he's really annoying. When they state they will meet in the woods to rehearse the play, I immediately knew these two groups: Hermia and Lysander, and the performers; would somehow meet or get mixed together. I enjoyed the first Act and really looking forward to the plot and character development in the later acts.

No comments:

Post a Comment